The Lil Peep Effect

    It was confirmed that Fentanyl and Xanax caused the toxic overdose of beloved artist Lil Peep. The shocking news hit the internet in a wave mid November and has held everyone's attention since. Whether accidental or self inflicted, his death urged people to wake up and really look at what drug use is doing to this generation.
     Celebrities and fans alike have expressed their heartache for the ill timed passing of such a young man. Lil Uzi went to Twitter to confide his new journey getting clean, "Sober 2 day[s] I have been shaking. I have been cursing my love ones out and fighting. In the studio with no thoughts in my head. Teeth biting down because I just wanna be angry at something...maybe I will just smoke weed tonight." ASAP Nast spoke his truth about glorification of drug abuse, "Hope this is a big lesson learned to those around him and just kids all around the world who look up to guys like him drugs really kill people!!!" He concluded with,"...how many gotta go before we actually understand shit is real?" Seeing rappers speak up against the popularized drugs so many young men and women are falling victim to is a breath of new air in this climate.
     Wiz Khalifa sat down with Complex  to reflect. He was seen on social media recently confronting the overly abused opioid medication: lean. Wiz said, "It really affected me because I was at ComplexCon and I saw everybody with a white cup and that really made me sad." He continued on to say, " I'm looking at a whole generation of people who think that shit is cool and it was just my responsibility to say that it's not..." For the sake of Lil Peep and many others alike, we hope to see more big brothers and sisters of this decade step up to the plate to end this toxic trend. 

Comments

Popular Posts